Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth.

I am in love with Paris. I never want to leave! I only have one day left here, but am not too sad as I will be back in just three weeks to spend four amazing days with Zoya and Melissa. Yay.

Yesterday Timo and I spent the day at the happiest place on Earth...Disneyland Paris - it was the best! Timo's a Disneyland veteran, having been to every Disneyland bar one, I had never been before though and was, therefore, incredibly excited. I kept doing a little "OhmygodImgoingtoDisneyland" dance on the street... Timo was kind enough not to ditch me despite his embarrassment.

We went on rides all day and ate a disgusting amount of candy and watched the Disney "Once upon a dream" parade. By the end of the day my face hurt from smiling so much. Have I mentioned that it was the best?

The castle. I possibly jumped up
and down when I saw this...

The expression that was on
my face all day...
 
Trying to spin us faster than all the other
kids on The Mad Hatters Teacups...

No hands!

Fairy floss...the worst idea of the day!

In our first week we hit up most of the sites in Paris. Notre Dame, The Eiffel Tower, The Champs-Elysees, The Pompidou Centre, Versailles, Pere Lachaise Cemetery, etc. Then I got lazy...I have taken to spending my days wandering around the streets of Montmartre and The Latin Quarter. They are by far the coolest areas in Paris. Timo and I found the most amazing boulangerie ever in Montmartre the other day (that's right, ever!) It always has a queue out the door and sells the most amazing baked goods I've ever tasted. It also won best baguette in Paris last year! We now have three favourite boulangeries - one in Montmartre, one in The Latin Quarter and one down the street from our hostel, so we're never far from an amazing jambon et fromage sandwhich.

The Latin Quarter is full of amazing things. On one little strip there is a boulangerie, a fromagerie, a charcuterie AND a wine shop all next to each other. It is also home to the Shakespeare and Co. bookstore, and amazing English bookstore. And a fabulous jazz club called Caveau des Oubliettes. We went there one night as it had been recommended by Tomas (our cool Parisian tourguide). It may have cost 9 euros for a pint, but it was totally worth it!

cavo150x60


I'm off to Edinburgh on Friday which I am incredibly excited for! Except that I'm slightly concerned about freezing to death...I'll try to get another post up before then though.

Love to you all,

<3 Courtney xx

P.S: If you'd like to see some photos that are actually quality you should look at Timo's blog  http://monochromaticandhappy.tumblr.com/


2 comments:

  1. I actually laughed out loud seeing those photos of you guys in Disneyland!!! Awesome sugary Disney amazingness!!! Court you will love Edknburgh. It's absolutely gorgeous, but you're not wrong about the weather... But it's worth it. See you soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh whoa canberra is so exciting.... at the moment I am in my prime office with no windows, no circulating air, my only company an annoying new collegue all of which is making me consider performing grievous body harm to either me or the annoying girl!!! hahah how disneyland would bring a never ending smile to my face right about now.

    ReplyDelete