Monday, August 23, 2010

Cardinals and Kings

One of the things I really wanted to do overseas was convice my tastebuds that they liked beer. I decided that the best place to start was a good old fashioned London Pub. On Saturday my friend Emi arrived in London. To celebrate this (and to prepare ourselves for a Tony Abbott victory) we decided to find our first pub. Gorgeous Joseph Gubler of Dendy Canberra had recommended 'The Cardinal' to us, so we google-mapped it up and went hunting. It was basically the best. The bartender was ridiculously friendly and let me try the different types of beer, I then purchased my first pint of lager.


(That's actually how excited I was...)

Five hours, four pints and one plate of fish and chips later we left. I plan to go back very soon.



The Globe theatre was built in the late 16th century and was one of the most popular theatres of its time. In 1613 a spark from a stage cannon ignited the thatched roof and the theatre was burnt to the ground. In the 1990's the Globe Theatre was rebuilt, and it's amazing. I'm not going to go on too much about this, because Bron's on the computer next to me and I imagine she's writing about this too... The production we saw was Henry IV part 1. We partly chose this one because the part of Prince Hal is being played by Jamie Parker (Scripps in 'The History Boys' for those of you who have seen it). We love him. It was amazing. We paid £5 for our tickets and literally got to rest our elbows on the stage as we watched the show. Immediately after we went and bought tickets for part 2. I'll let you know how it was.



That's all for now, breakfast is on... <3

3 comments: