Friday, August 27, 2010

"Thanks for pepping up the matinee"

The last couple of days have been truly rad. On Wednesday we had to part with Emi as she is returning home after ten months of traveling...lucky thing! (The traveling, not the going home...) It was sad, but we had the best time with her. It rained all of that day so Bron and I took refuge in a cute little pub called 'The Bear and Staff' for the afternoon. I then got to meet up with another friend from school, Maddy. Catching up with people from home in British pubs is pretty much amazing...you should all come over here so that you can do it too. Today we're meeting up with Dan Tuckerman and Sam :)

Yesterday we went back to The Globe to see Henry IV part 2...it was truly magnificent! I don't know where they find such talented actors, but everyone in it was incredible! One of the things I love most is that all of the actors have done screen work, but they just keep coming back to the stage - it's great. After the show we went to 'The Swan', which is the pub at The Globe, to get a pint. I was sitting outside minding a table when I glanced inside and saw Bron coming towards me with the ultimate "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" look on her face. I went inside to see what the deal was and Jamie Parker was standing at the bar. Our conversation went something like this...

"Excuse me, sorry to bother you but can we please have a photo with you?"
"Yes, absolutely. In fact I insist! Shall we all have a pint in our hand?"

Then we all stood with our pints while another member of the cast took the picture for us. You'll probably notice the mildy goofy look on Jamie's face...it's because the picture was taken while he was in the middle of saying "Say Shakespeare!"


"SAY SHAKESPEARE!"

We then had a lovely little conversation about the show and he said "Thanks for pepping up the matinee, it was lovely to meet you" and then went outside and took our table. A few seconds later he reappeared and went to hand something to the bartender saying "Someone left this outside..." ... it was my wallet. Woops. What a gentleman. And if, like my mother, you're wondering, my wallet still had everything in it - he didn't touch the £80 or snatch my credit card.

That is basically the end of my story. It was an amazing day - Bron and I are still grinning.

In other news, we went to the Victoria and Albert museum and saw a 'Fashion through the ages' exhibition - it was pretty cool. My favourite dress was this cool pearly one which belonged to Princess Diana.


It looks so heavy...


Cool sculpture made of trees!

Bron and I danced across Westminster Bridge...we may or may not have been pretending we were in Doctor Who...she was The Doctor, I was Rose.




We went shopping on Oxford Street. I think we spent a total of like £6 each because they have some ridiculously cheap shops here. Emi bought a pair of shoes for a pound!



We explored the Tate Modern, which is in my opinion one of the ugliest buildings in London. It did have some cool art in it though. However, it also had children in it. Who takes their small children to a gallery of modern art? There was also a baby at The Globe, crying through the performance...who takes a grizzly baby to Shakespeare? Ugh, children....is about all I have to say.


We also went to Covent Garden and bought the most amazing punnet of strawberries I have ever eaten. They were amazing...we even took photos of them...



That's all for now, must head to the pub.

<3 Courtney

P.S. This was my 'post Jamie Parker face'




P.P.S As fabulous as this blog post is, it still hasn't quite captured the crazy happiness. And everyone should check out Roger Allam, coolest man alive. Bron xox

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm....I took a kid to the gallery. On my shoulders. Is that why you like being there now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly... I would crush you if I sat on your shoulders now though. Also, I would have been so well behaved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god! I'm still reeling about the fact that you actually got to meet Jamie Parker, and those strawberries look amazing, as does the Victoria and Albert exhibition, as does EVERYTHING.

    <3

    ReplyDelete