Friday, October 15, 2010

Gypsies, tramps and thieves...

Our first night in Barcelona was pretty rotten. After catching a late flight from Rome we got to our hostel at about 1:30am. Usually, once you've made it to the hostel you're set. I mean, how much can really go wrong once you're there? Unless you put 100 euro on the reception counter to pay for your room and some gypsy bastard grabs it and runs out the door...yep, that's what happened. It wasn't too bad in the end though - the receptionist caught the guy and he got arrested. I didn't get my money back, but we did get to hang out with some really lovely police officers...also, one of them was a hottie (which for once Bron pointed out, not me).

I wont lie, I was feeling a lot of hate towards Barcelona the next day. But we had a plan...sit in the sun on the roof terrace, paint our nails, drink wine and make rice paper rolls...by the end of the day I liked Barcelona again...
 
Chef extraordinaire...





...and a fabulous sous chef...





On our second day we went to La Boqueria market. It is considered to be one of the best fresh food markets in Europe and it was incredible! If Canberra had something like this I would happily live there...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

  

  

"Oh my god, look at all the shroomies!"
We also went to the beach. It was quite pretty, but sadly I forgot to bring my swimmers with me :(
 

The next day I flew down to Granada. I really didn't know much about the place, but I was told to go there by so many people I couldn't resist. It was the most lovely little town. The backstreets are lined with Moroccan tea shops and little Arabic stalls. There are also tapas bars all over the place in which you get FREE tapas with every drink you puchase...it's the best! 

Granada draws a lot of tourist because it is home to The Alhambra, a Moorish palace. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. So much detail! So well preserved! So pretty! I loved it.





Old school wall paper...
 






Basically, Spain is amazing. I would really like to go back!

That's all for now...I have to go laze around in the lovely garden of my lovely French hostel...

Love <3 Courtney xox

No comments:

Post a Comment