Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hating on dorm rooms...

So, it's 5am and I am sitting on a computer in the reception of my hostel. Why? Because there is a guy in my room snoring louder than I ever thought possible. EVER. I seem to just keep getting them in my dorms! GAH! I could go on about this for hours, but instead I have decided to write a pointless blog about all the things I haven't been bothered to blog about before...

Like Geronimo Stilton...



When we were in Bruges we found these childrens books about Geronimo Stilton and thought they were just about the cutest thing ever! I mean...we couldn't read them or anything, but they're adorable. The other day in Rome I found them again - I'm going to look for them in Australia and if we have them I'm going to read them all!

The golden arches...



In Venice there is only one McDonalds. Why do I care about this? Because I miss stumbling into the James Court Maccas at 4:30am after big nights out? No. Because every single McDonalds in the world has free toilets! Most of the time over here you have to pay to use the toilet, anywhere between 30c and 1.50. It's not so bad, at least when you pay for them the toilets are clean - but everytime I see the beautiful golden arches I dash inside to use the free loo!


Italian food (and beverages)...


I pretty much love Italian food. Last time I came to Italy I left feeling pretty unimpressed about the quality of the food - I was just not going to the right places. I love gelato...

Mango and biscotto are my favourites!

I love cannoli! I had it for the first time in Florence, I had no idea it was so good! (But so bad for you...)







I love wine...but of course, you all knew that already!




And last but not least, I love pizza and pasta!




I think that's enough useless blogging for now...it is now almost 6am...time to go wake this guy and tell him to shut up!

<3 Courtney

1 comment:

  1. I can totally understand how annoying snorers are!!! For starters there is the nice gental soothing kind of snore and then theres the type that could wake the dead. In Paris I had one of them and personally I think they should have to get their own room. I feel your pain even though I have been known for the latter kind of snoring...

    ReplyDelete