Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Bruges is not a shithole!"

Brendan Gleeson said and he was totally right.

Bruges is a lovely little town and we had a capital time there. We didn't really do much...there's not really that much to do. We walked the cobbled streets, admired the canals and ate A LOT of food. So much food! Frites, braadwurst, spaghetti, frites, chocolate, fudge, waffles and more frites. I promised my grandfather that I would stand in the Markt square in Bruges and eat frites with mayonnaise - I am a very obedient granddaughter.



We also climbed the Belfry and tried 11 different types of Belgian beer. And we met some hilarious Belgian guys in our hostel bar...and by 'hilarious' I mean gross.

Our hostel was amazing. It was called Snuffle and if you ever go to Bruges you should definitely stay there. The bar was hoppin' and the staff were cool. The bartender gave me a La Chouffe keyring with this guy on it cos I was giggling at my glass...he was a great guy.


That is my Bruges update done...sorry there wasn't more to update you on!

Love Courtney <3

No comments:

Post a Comment